Apple is reportedly planning to significantly improve the charging speeds of the iPhone 15 series. According to a report by 9to5Mac, citing unnamed industry sources, some models of the iPhone 15 series will come with up to 35W charging speed. This would be a significant improvement over the existing models, which top out at 27W for the iPhone 14 Pro and 20W for the iPhone 14.
The report also claims that the iPhone 15 series will switch to a USB Type-C port for wired charging. This is a major change, as the iPhone has used the Lightning port since 2012. The switch to USB Type-C would make it easier to use the iPhone with other devices and accessories.
It is unclear which models of the iPhone 15 series will support 35W charging. It is also possible that Apple will only offer this feature on the Pro models. The iPhone 15 series is expected to be released in September 2023.
Table of Contents
Here are some of the benefits of faster charging speeds on iPhone 15 :
- You can spend less time waiting for your iPhone to charge.
- You can use your iPhone for longer periods of time without having to worry about running out of battery.
- Faster charging speeds can be especially helpful when you need to quickly charge your iPhone before an important event or meeting.
The switch to USB Type-C would also have some benefits. USB Type-C is a more versatile port than Lightning. It can be used to charge a wider range of devices, and it can also be used for data transfer.
Overall, the rumored changes to the iPhone 15 series’ charging capabilities are positive. Faster charging speeds and a more versatile port would be welcome improvements.
In addition to the faster charging speeds, the iPhone 15 series is also expected to come with other improvements, such as a new design, a better camera system, and a more powerful processor. We will have to wait until September to see what Apple has in store for us.
- Faster charging speeds: This would allow users to charge their iPhones more quickly, which could be especially helpful for people who are always on the go.
- More versatile port: USB Type-C is a more common port than Lightning, so it would be easier to find compatible chargers and accessories.
- Improved data transfer speeds: USB Type-C can also be used for data transfer, which could be useful for transferring files between devices or backing up your iPhone.
- Increased heat: Faster charging speeds can generate more heat, which could potentially damage the iPhone’s battery.
- Increased cost: The higher charging speeds and more versatile port could make the iPhone 15 series more expensive than previous models.
- Incompatibility with existing chargers: If Apple does switch to USB Type-C, it will mean that existing Lightning chargers will not be compatible with the iPhone 15 series.
Overall, the rumored 35W wired charging speeds and USB Type-C port for the iPhone 15 series have both pros and cons. Whether or not these changes are worth it will ultimately depend on the individual user’s needs and preferences.
Here are some additional things to consider about iPhone 15:
- The iPhone 15 series is still in development, so it is possible that these rumored changes may not come to fruition.
- Apple may only offer 35W charging speeds on the Pro models, while the non-Pro models may only support slower charging speeds.
- The price of the iPhone 15 series is also unknown, but it is likely to be more expensive than previous models due to the new features and technologies.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to upgrade to the iPhone 15 series will depend on a number of factors, including the user’s needs, budget, and preferences.