The New Instagram Reels Download Feature: What You Need to Know
Instagram has finally rolled out the ability for users to download public Reels. This means that you can now save Reels to your camera roll so that you can watch them offline or share them on other platforms.
To download a Reel, simply tap on the share icon and then select the “Download” option. You will then be able to save the Reel to your camera roll.
It is important to note that you can only download public Reels. Reels that are shared by private accounts cannot be downloaded. Additionally, creators can choose to disable the ability for people to download their Reels.
This new feature is a welcome addition to Instagram. It will allow users to save Reels that they find interesting or funny so that they can watch them again later. It will also make it easier to share Reels on other platforms.
Here are some of the benefits of being able to download public Reels:
- You can watch Reels offline. This is great if you are on a plane or in a place with no internet connection.
- You can save Reels to share with friends or family. This is a great way to share funny or interesting Reels that you have found.
- You can use Reels as inspiration for your own content. If you see a Reel that you like, you can download it and use it as a starting point for your own creation.
Overall, the ability to download public Reels is a great new feature that will make Instagram more versatile and user-friendly.
How to download public Reels on Instagram:
- Open the Reel that you want to download.
- Tap on the share icon.
- Select the “Download” option.
- The Reel will be saved to your camera roll.
Tips for downloading public Reels:
- Only public Reels can be downloaded. Reels that are shared by private accounts cannot be downloaded.
- Creators can choose to disable the ability for people to download their Reels. If a creator has disabled this option, you will not be able to download their Reels.
- You can only download Reels that are less than 60 seconds long.