WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that allows users to send text messages, photos, videos, and voice notes. It also allows users to make voice and video calls. However, there may be times when you want to disable calling on WhatsApp. For example, you may want to do this if you are on a limited data plan or if you do not want to be disturbed by incoming calls.
Here are the steps on how to disable calling on WhatsApp:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings”.
- Tap on “Account”.
- Tap on “Privacy”.
- Under “Calling”, select the option you want.
The options available are:
- Everyone: This allows everyone to call you on WhatsApp.
- My Contacts: This only allows people in your contacts to call you on WhatsApp.
- Nobody: This blocks all incoming calls on WhatsApp.
If you choose the “Nobody” option, you will still be able to make calls to others on WhatsApp. However, no one will be able to call you.
- You can also disable calling on WhatsApp by turning on Do Not Disturb mode. To do this, go to your phone’s settings and enable Do Not Disturb. Then, add WhatsApp to the list of apps that are allowed to bypass Do Not Disturb. This will allow you to receive text messages and notifications from WhatsApp, but you will not be able to receive incoming calls.
- If you are using an Android phone, you can also use a third-party app to disable calling on WhatsApp. One such app is Disable WhatsApp Calls. This app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.